Saturday, May 11, 10am-4pm
[Greg Freeman Park at Kingsbury Ave. at Des Peres Ave.]
Bring your old electronics, appliances and spent batteries for Skinker DeBaliviere’s 2nd Annual Electronics Recycling Fair.
We will again be partnering with WITS – a non-profit that hires and trains at-risk individuals, puts 78% of their collected products back in service, and utilizes zero-landfill practices for the remaining 22%. Visit the WITS website for more information.
Suggested items for recycling include:
- Computers, monitors, printers, cables and peripherals (keyboards, mice, etc.).
- Office equipment, business equipment and machinery including most furniture and operations equipment.
- Networking equipment, server, telecommunications, phones, cell phones, clocks, etc.
- VCR, stereos and audio/video equipment including cable/satellite.
- TVs – all sizes.
- Home electronics, blenders, toasters, irons etc. and most reusable home furniture (please call).
- White goods: washers, dryers, dishwashers, furnaces, etc. ($5 fee).
- Medical equipment and all types of diagnostic equipment.
- Electrical, cabling, communication machinery and equipment.
- Industrial machinery and equipment including power and gas equipment.
- Lawn equipment, tools, old mowers, tillers, etc.
- Air conditioners, refrigerators, humidifiers and other freon-containing devices ($5 fee).
- Old motors, transformers and other electrical equipment.
- Car and household batteries and lead items.
- CDs, VHS, DVD, Cassette, DAT and all types of data tapes.
- Holiday lights and decorations.
- Useable toys, shoes, clothes, baby items, dishes and silverware.
Unacceptable items for recycling include:
- Household Furniture
WITS appreciates donations for computer monitors, laptops, and televisions. Large appliances and all Freon-containing devices have a $5 required fee.
WITS is a not-for-profit, community agency in the greater St. Louis region. All donations of reusable items are tax-deductible and will be refurbished when possible and given to a charitable program such as Kids for Kancer, Free Computer Program or Veteran Technology.