SDCC’s annual appeal, Friends of Skinker DeBaliviere, is one of our most significant sources of funding. Now in its 6th year, the Friends Campaign is an opportunity for neighbors to help support the many programs, events, and activities that bring our community together throughout the year.
Read on for this year’s letter to the neighborhood. If you are able to support SDCC’s work, please consider contributing to our efforts in the amount that you can. Every bit makes a difference! To contribute, click here to download the 2014 Donation Form
2014 Friends of Skinker DeBaliviere Letter
Over the last year, Skinker DeBaliviere Community Council volunteers, board, and staff worked hard to help our neighborhood become an even more vibrant, safe and sustainable place to live. Your generous gifts of time and financial support were essential to our success and we ask for your continued support in 2014. Last year, we:
- Undertook a community-guided Urban Design & Development Master Plan and Identity & Marketing Plan to create a bold vision for the neighborhood’s future.
- Organized 30+ diverse community events and workshops that fostered fun, learning, and connection among neighbors.
- Partnered with 100+ volunteers who collectively contributed more than 1,000 volunteer hours toward the enhancement of our neighborhood.
- Coordinated nine volunteer committees: Security, Neighborhood Services, the Arts Council, Residential, Delmar Commercial, Historic District, Marketing, Fundraising, and Beautification.
- Sponsored two community gardens and a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program.
- Welcomed Liz Pund to the SDCC staff.
Heading into 2014, we have strong momentum and a lot of work ahead of us. We will sponsor an Energy Conservation Program, a Minor Home Repair Program, and many of the community events that our neighborhood loves. Upon completion of the Master Plan in the first quarter of the year, we will begin to promote its implementation by partnering with Citizens for Modern Transit to promote the revitalization of the Wabash Station as the entrance to the Delmar Loop MetroLink Station; by continuing to manage the formation of the East Loop Community Improvement District (CID); and by coordinating our first Better Block Project, a unique large-scale street event that will re-imagine part of our beloved neighborhood with the goal of creating lasting change.
Please help us continue to maintain and enhance our diverse, desirable and thriving community. Your support is needed to help fund the many programs, events, and activities that bring our neighbors and friends together throughout the year. Please contribute to the 2014 Friends Campaign at the level that you can. Together, let’s keep Skinker DeBaliviere going strong!
Alice Stanley, Board President
Liz Pund, Executive Director
Andy & Linda Cross, Friends Campaign Co-Chairs