(Categories below in alpha order)
- To help the butterfly’s declining population – Milkweeds for Monarchs: The St. Louis Butterfly Project
- Bulbs are available, seasonally, from Brightside St. Louis: Order Online or just call 314-772-4646.
Brightside St. Louis
- Mission: to improve the quality of life in our community by educating, engaging and inspiring St. Louisans to make our region cleaner, greener and more environmentally sustainable.
- Known for Blitz Day and recycling, Brightside crews also remove graffiti – report to Citizens’ Service Bureau (314-622-4800)
- E-newsletter – contact or sign up to be informed about Brightside activities
Child Care Services
- Contact Children Advocacy for Resources and Empowerment (CARE) at the Brown School of Social Work for a list of available babysitters and childcare policies. Email CARE at firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Saint Louis
- City of St. Louis Website
- Citizens Service Bureau Page– Call anytime you observe a problem or need assistance with City services.
- Citizens Service Bureau Flyer– Refer to this flyer for details about the types of problems to report to CSB.
- City of St. Louis Healthy Home Repair Program
- City of St. Louis Home Inspection Program Information (Click links below to download information)
1) City of STL Building Permit Information Guide
2) City of STL Door to Door Home Inspection Program
- City of St. Louis Waste Management and Recycling Information
- How to Organize Your Block – By the Neighborhood Stabilization Team
26th Ward- Frank Williamson
28th Ward- Heather Navarro
- Neighborhood Improvement Specialists
26th Ward- DeAnna Murphy
28th Ward- Brian Kolde
Community Support Services
- People’s Community Action Corporation
Counseling Programs, Employment/Career Development, Leadership Development, Family Intake, Assessments & Referral, Family Support Case Management, Life Skills Classes, Nutrition Classes, Additional Services Under Development.
- STL Village
Community, Connection, Caring. These words describe STL Village, a not-for-profit membership organization whose mission is to enhance the quality of life of people age 50+ who want to live at home and stay active as they age.
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
- Every week from mid-June through mid-October participants will receive boxes of fresh produce delivered to the SDCC office. Produce boxes could include squash, zucchini, corn, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, popcorn, watermelon, eggs, carrots, lemon cucumbers, tomatoes, and more. To participate please contact the SDCC office at 862-5122 or email@example.com
Skinker DeBaliviere has two community gardens. For more information please contact the garden coordinators listed below.
- Block Unit 1035 Community Garden-Mark Banaszak, 314-863-0965, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Block Unit 1035 Community Garden on Facebook
- McPherson Community Garden-Andy Cross, 314-721-6060
- People’s Community Health Centers
Provides social services and comprehensive primary healthcare, such as pediatrics, internal medicine, OB/GYN, dental, mammography, behavioral health, pharmacy, WIC, radiology, podiatry and laboratory services, to meet the health needs of the entire community.
History of your Home
- Tips for Researching House History in the City of St. Louis by the Preservation Research Office
Job Search Help
St. Louis Public Library Internet Job Search Workshops: The St. Louis Public Library offers free classes to help you find a job. Individuals work at their own pace to:
- Search online for jobs.
- Apply for jobs via the Internet.
- Construct an effective resume.
- Format an existing resume.
- Create a cover letter.
Workshop assistance will be available to:
- Provide tips on navigating software and online job applications.
- Help in working with attachments.
Free classes are provided on an on-going basis at the Buder and Julia Davis Branches. Ask at the Service Desk for a Computer Training Class Schedule. Pre-registration is required. Call or stop by the Service Desk at the Buder Branch (314-352-2900) or the Julia Davis Branch (314-383-3021), email email@example.com, or online at slpl.org.
- COCA (Center of Creative Arts)
- Forest Park
- Great Rivers Greenway
- St. Vincent Greenway
- Missouri Historical Museum
- St. Louis Art Museum
- St. Louis Ki Society
- St. Louis Science Center
- St. Louis Zoo
- Steinberg Skating Rink
- The Muny in Forest Park
- The Pageant
Recycling and Waste Management
- City of St. Louis Waste Management and Recycling Site
- Household Hazardous Waste disposal – Saint Louis Household Hazardous Waste
- Electronic equipment and small appliances – E-Cycling
- St. Louis Public Schools-Hamilton Elementary School
- Crossroads School
- New City School
- St. Roch School
Stray Animals (Lost and Found)
A collaboration of three local humane organizations: the Humane Society of Missouri, Animal Protective Association (APA) and St. Louis Animal Care and Control pool their data on reported missing animals.
- Kingsbury Animal Hospital, 420 N Skinker Blvd, 721-6251, has a wand to check for chips.
- This is the home page for the neighborhood’s newspaper, publishing 5 times a year. Access photos, neighborhood history, archives, and more.
- Sign up for free daily email updates, “The Record”
- Sign up for announcements about Events, Lectures, etc. from the Brown School, the Gephardt Institute and more
- Washington University Website